This calendar is for business events only (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc…). If you have an event that you are looking to promote that is not a business event, please post it to our Tourism calendar.
Once your event is submitted, it will take up to 2 business days before being visible on the calendar.
Questions? Email [email protected].
(if you are scheduling a recurring event, make sure the start/end dates you enter at the top are for the first day of the event )
MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELED OR POSTPONED DUE TO CONCERNS OF SPREADING COVID-19. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE ORGANIZER TO FIND OUT IF THE EVENT IS STILL HAPPENING.
- This event has passed.
Race Against the Machine: A Webinar Addressing Systemic Racism
July 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
RACE AGAINST THE MACHINE: A Webinar Addressing Systemic Racism
Dr. Jude Smith Rachele of Abundant Sun will facilitate a workshop on how businesses can address systemic racism and achieve better racial equity.Â State of Vermont Executive Director of Racial Equity, Xusana Davis, will join and co-facilitate.
- A brief educational background of the history of systemic racism that affects Black, Indigenous and People of Color in the US
- A review of how the topic has been addressed over the years, where we stand today
- An overview of VTÂ stats & infographics
- A personal view: speaker to share her own personal experiences, local and global
- An encouraging moment for participants to share experiences, to ask questions and to discuss any concerns
- An outline of how VT businesses can achieve better racial equity
- What VT businesses can do for the future of diversity, equity and inclusion
- How we capitalize on this moment to make VTâ€™s economy stronger, more resilient, more dynamic and sustainable for all
There will be time at the beginning to pose any questions or concerns that you’d like explored.Â Come prepared!
This webinar will be capped at 95 attendees.