#ShopSmall and #SupportLocal this Small Business Saturday and win big!
This November 27, the Lake Champlain Chamber encourages you to shop & dine local. For every purchase of $25 or more that you make, you will be entered into a raffle. Raffle items include gift cards to local member businesses, Hello Burlington swag, and more!
Small Business Saturday has an impact
Last year, the U.S. Small Business Administration reported Americans spent nearly $20 billion on Small Business Saturday, and in the years before that, consumers spent a cumulative $100 billion-plus on this shopping holiday.
According to American Express, an average two-thirds of every dollar ($0.67) spent at small businesses in the U.S. stays in the local community. Further, every dollar spent at small businesses creates an additional 50 cents in local business activity as a result of employee spending and businesses purchasing local goods and services.
How to make the most of Small Business Saturday if you are a...
- Add your holiday gift promotions to the LCC Gift Guide
- Download free Small Business Saturday marketing materials through American Express
- Add your business to the AmEx “Shop Local” map
- Host an Small Business Saturday event with the help of the event guide
- Make sure your post are trending by using the hastags #SmallBusinessSaturday and #ShopSmall
- Explore expert insights and gather small business resources through the American Express merchant content hub
- Set a goal to shop small this year. Get inspiration with our gift guide, and enter our raffle once you have completed your purchases
- Dine out, or pick up takeout and be sure to tip generously
- Get digital: leave a review, share a pic with a shoutout, or share/comment/like your favorite small business’ social media posts
- Check in with business owners and employees. Remind them how much we appreciate them.
- Refer friends and family to local businesses